A Seller's Guide
Things to Consider When Selling for Top Dollar
- How’s the market.
- Home prices are increasing.
- 5 tips to maximize the sale of your home.
- Why sell now.
How's the Market? 2022
Let’s take a look at what’s happening in the housing market across the nation. We are seeing that buyer demand is currently higher and the supply of homes in the market has been on a steady decrease, with the inventory at all-time lows. So you’ve got more buyers wanting to purchase a home right now and fewer homes available. I’ve noticed this also locally. It’s happening right here in our current area. Homes priced right are experiencing a massive decrease in the number of days on market and we’re seeing fewer homes on the market.
How Prices Are Increasing
You may be thinking of moving because you’ve heard about how you can benefit from today’s rising home prices. According to the Home Price Insights Report from CoreLogic, nationwide, home values increased by an impressive 18% over the last 12 months. This is great news if you’re ready to leverage your equity and make a move this season.
Where Will Home Values Go From Here?
The dramatic rise in home prices is a direct result of more buyers in the market (demand) than houses available for sale (supply). When demand is high and supply is low like it is right now, prices naturally rise. That means sellers have the perfect opportunity to close the best possible deal by selling this winter.
And while this is great news for what your house is worth today, you may be wondering what the future holds. Will prices continue to rise with time, or should you expect them to fall? To answer that question, let’s first look at a few terms you may be hearing right now:
- Appreciation is an increase in the value of an asset.
- Depreciation is a decrease in the value of an asset.
- Deceleration is when something happens at a slower pace.
A Look at Expert Projections
The chart below shows 2022 price forecasts from various industry experts. The average of these projections indicates 5.1% home price appreciation in 2022. While this isn’t the record-breaking rate of over 18% appreciation from the past year, it is a continued increase, just at a slower pace. This means experts forecast a deceleration in prices, but not depreciation. So, home prices are projected to continue increasing next year, and that’s a direct result of low supply and high demand.
2022 Home Price Forecasts
Based on expert projections.
Selling your house now is a great way to take advantage of today’s home price appreciation. And when you buy your next home, you can rest assured, thanks to projections for ongoing appreciation, it’ll be a worthwhile investment that will help you improve your financial future.
Maximizing Your Sale
Five things that you need to make sure you do to maximize the amount of money that you’re going to make when you sell your house and how quickly you’re going to sell your home.
- The biggest thing is Exposure. We want to make sure that we expose your house through digital marketing to the masses. We’re actually averaging about 125,000 views on every video that we promote on social media, for each house. Not to mention, around 200 hours of video view on watching one video alone. It’s all done through a detailed digital marketing plan that’s taken so much time, effort, and energy to really learn and specialize, and we always continue to make it better and better.
- Make sure you hire somebody that’s really good at negotiating. Think about this, if the average agent in Florida only sells four homes a year, are they really able to negotiate on your behalf to the best of their ability? NO! We are selling anywhere from 4 to 6 houses per month, so we really are experts at negotiating, and we learn even still, and we continue to make sure we’re updating ourselves on what’s new and how we can best serve, and negotiate on behalf of our sellers.
- Make sure that you are pricing your home accurately. Here’s the deal, everyone always thinks their house is worth more than it is. I even do when I sell my own houses. It’s very, very normal. But you have to make sure that you aren’t just looking at Zillow. Remember, Zillow is an algorithm. It doesn’t take into effect all the specific features of your house. It doesn’t take into effect whether or not you have a pool, live on the water, your upgrades if the condition is good or poor. All of this is really, really important, right?
- Have you ever heard the saying “your home never looks as good as the day you sell it.” Well, that is how you want to make your home before selling it. You want to make it as nice as possible. Repairing any issues, touching up paint, completing that “Honey-to-do List”.
- Location directly affects the price. Is your home on a busy street? Is your neighbor’s house an eyesore? Is your neighborhood highly desirable? While you can’t change the location of your current home or the surrounding homes. You can be realistic in the affect on price it can have. If the condition is off or if the location is off, you should make an adjustment on price just like an appraiser would.
Why Sell Now
If you’re trying to decide when to sell your house, there may not be a better time than NOW. Selling this season means you can take advantage of today’s strong sellers’ market when you make a move.
Win when you sell
Your House Will Stand Out
Your House Will Likely Get Multiple Offers
Your House Should Sell Quickly